Wednesday 7 March 2012

Update

Okay, I know the title of this post isn't very clever. And, really, how long can I go on by simply titling my posts "update?" Just this once.

While I have posted 20 or so articles on this blog that don't really have anything at all to do with the "Road to $100,000", they are actually helping me to get to my goal. By posting a bunch of articles that I have had rejected from online freelance sites such as Demand Media, I am able to convince the peeps from Google that my blog is worth a damn. If they can see that I'm not illiterate and I'm taking this blog seriously, they will allow me to post adds on my site, which is a necessary step to make any sort of money at this. Google has, "partially approved" my site for adds. I was told via email that I would be fully approved or disapproved by tomorrow (Thursday). Once approved, I can start finding other ways to drive traffic up on my site and get revenue, which will help me achieve my $100,000 goal and I can start living my dreams.

The next step for me would be to figure out how to make a gadget that keeps posted the amount of money I have saved to my $100,000 goal. That would likely keep people interested in my site and I would keep pushing toward that goal. Furthermore, I figured out how to add a donate button to my site. So, if you want to donate -- while it might seem that it's in self interest -- please do so. The money that I save now will help me to focus my efforts on helping the less fortunate. Because, by working every day, and all day, I really don't have much time than to fend for anyone but myself -- though I am seriously thinking of buying an accordion for a local man who was beat up and his accordion was smashed. He came into the newspaper today and told my editor his story. Poor homeless guy was in love with his accordion and now it's smashed to bits.

I will be more focused and specific with my future posts, but there is so much to say right now. I must say, that since last time we spoke, I have made some progress on the $100,000 front. I am now out of debt from my recent stink with real estate that consumed about $20,000 of my money and paid off about $1,000 in commission. I get three pay days this month, and I'm anticipating having saved a total $2,000 toward my goal. I still have three weeks to go, so we'll see where I'm at then.

Lesson of the day: noodles will help you keep your food budget on track. And you can add healthy food to it too, like vegetables. My favourite is broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment