Monday 12 March 2012

Ways to Make Money From Home

So far in this blog, I have set out to you why I intend to save $100,000... to live my dream. My dream is freedom. I've also posted a bunch of random articles - which I won't do again - to drive up the content on my site. All the material was articles that I had rejected when writing for Demand Media. By having articles on my site, I am more likely to be approved by Google AdSense and I can start making money from my blog, though I'm not sure the amount I will make will be enough to make a dent in my $100,000 goal. However, I am still waiting to hear back from Google. They said they would approve or reject my blog for AdSense 6 business days ago and they said they'd respond within 4. Oh well, I guess I can be patient for a little while longer. The last several articles, however, have been into the financial insights that have helped me save and earn interest on my investments.

Other Income Sources


Since starting this blog, I have discovered a potentially better way to make money. I stumbled upon a free web series called www.thritydaychallenge.com. It has taught me an incredible amount of information for free. Instead of simply making money on AdSense from this blog, which could take a while, I have decided to find a niche market and advertise products for that niche site. Don't worry, I will continue to operate this blog (to my faithful readership of 0, so far). In the affiliate programs I can secure a percentage of all sales that I refer to places like EBay.com and Amazon.com. Currently, I have registered my domain name and I am in the process of building a website through Wordpress. You may notice that this blog is Blogspot, but I want to use both to compare which I like the best. Apparently Wordpress has more tools. I am spending a considerable amount of time figuring out how exactly to make the site work by taking the "Thirty Day Challenge", and I have given little time to anything else.

When I take a break from the website and decide to commit the time to something else, I am helping students edit their essays. I find this work by advertising my service on Craigslist. Last week I made $100 by editing one essay. I also write for a company called Interact Media, where I write about 5 articles per week and get paid around $6 per article. They are usually very quick and easy to write. But I haven't written there in about a week because I've been focused on my new niche website.

I am also subletting my Vancouver apartment and earning an extra $150 off that.

The Point?


The point of me telling you this is that you can find numerous ways to make extra money on the side. This blog is not only designed to monitor how I am saving, it's also to help you meet your financial goal. I am a writer, which allows me the benefit of writing online content and making money. But I didn't know how to make a blog, though I've done that. I also found out how to make extra money by keeping my apartment. What is it that you can do on the side to make your money? I've found that you have to be willing to become immersed in whatever it is. I am fortunate that I really enjoy writing and building websites, so I have learned a lot in the last couple weeks by working constantly on it after my regular 9 to 5.

Tip of the Day: Figure out what it is that you are good at, so you can make money on the side and save for your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment