Tuesday 13 March 2012

Adsense Approval

Google Adsense is a massive tool to help those who are blogging earn money. When I started this blog about a week ago, I thought I would maybe make a buck or two per day with Google Adsense. After receiving approval early this morning, I noticed that by the end of the day, two people had clicked on my Google Adsense ads, earning me my first $1.61 from my blog. This was an amazing feeling and so I called my mother to share the good news. She of course had no idea what I was talking about. I read somewhere that you can expect to receive about $1 per day from each blog you have. So, if you are able to keep traffic up on 30 blogs, you'll make about $900 per month. That about covers my goal of saving $1,000 per month. However, I believe I have found an even better way to make money online than by simple Adsense ads.



Micro Niches


There are still some micro niches out there that haven't yet been overly saturated. Take for example a pool niche that I have discovered. The website, which is in its infancy and is called myundergroundpools.com, will sell all things related to pools. I will post on the website and link to it, driving up its traffic. But I have another advantage here: I am able to sell ebay.com and amazon.com products on the site. I can also find pool supply companies to advertise. Each time I make a referral to another site and a purchase is made, I get a cut. It's amazing what you can discover and the unexpected roads that arrive after diving into a topic. As if I'm not happy enough about making the $1.61 today, but I also have a lot of potential revenue from this micro niche. Now I just have to bring traffic to my site and I'll be all set. I intend to share the entire process with you.


Finding a Micro Niche


An amazing resource that I've been using to investigate each niche is called Market Samurai. This tool allows me to see how many  people search the key work on Google per day, how many sites are competing for that business and how strong the competing sites are. If I analyse a keyword and it shows that the Top 10 on Google are strong, based on their page rank, whether they are pay for Yahoo, if the key word appears in their URL, how long they've been around, how much traffic they have and several other factors, I can determine whether I want to build a website that caters to the product. I then set up a blog and away I go. I am using Wordpress for this and it appears to have better features than Blogger, which is what I am using for this blog, so we'll see. I also bought my own domain, so I can sell it later if I want -- I read that you can sell your domain for about 10 times its monthly earnings. It also protects you from randomly being shut down.


Tip of the day: If you set up a blog, look to buy your own domain and set up a market niche.

As usual, if you have any questions, please comment and I'll be glad to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment